I live in Polichrono

I live in Polichrono

Posted by debbie299 
I live in Polichrono
November 20, 2007 01:03PM
Ihave lived in Polichrono since last December I am from Bristol in England,I would like to meet English people that are living in Polichrono or surrounding areas as it would be nice to hear an English voice and have a conversation.My Greek, I am trying to learn,siga-siga but find it pretty heavy going although i have just learnt the Greek alphabet!I have a 2 bed apartment here that is about 3 years old it is 66m2and has full oil fired central heating air con and comes complete with air con just 66 steps from the sea, Iam selling complete with all bedroom furniture for 105.000euros if anyone is interested.Ive noticed from the forum pages today that a lot of people write about the excellent food at The Cockney Cafe i would like to say I enjoyed apart from the excellent breakfasts also the delicious mixed grills,I miss Marilyn as well and just wish that she would open in the winter,it would be a great meeting place all year round,not far from surrounding villages.In Polichrono its just Viva that opens and Sunrise at weekends at mo.My favourite Greek restaurant here is Avra all my friends loved it there in the summer as well,Christos and Maria open at weekends in the winter.Closing now Debbie
Re: I live in Polichrono
November 20, 2007 03:54PM
Hi Debbie
Most Brits do leave for the winter myself included.
The season kicks in at the start of May so most start to come back in April to get ready for the season
November 20, 2007 04:12PM
Me too, arrived back in UK Saturday to grey drizzle, lovely ! We aim to come back mid April.

Keep on with the Greek. I studied for seven years at night in UK and was quite good, but after just six years of not living in Greece I have gone very rusty. Hoping to get back up to speed next year.

Enjoy the winter. Debbie, did you hear anything about poisoned dogs in Polichrono in early October? I heard it was very bad and tourists had to be moved to Kallithea. Must admit this is something I do not like about Greece. I had to keep a really good eye on my dog this year but luckily she came through our trip safely and loved every day in the sea. Now she has to make do with puddles.

Bye for now
Jane
November 21, 2007 01:13PM
I have heard that poisoning of dogs happen but i didnt know about the poisoning in October.My dog and a stray that I feed that stays outside my front door is fine and we go to the beach for a walk everyday, weather has been lovely the last couple of days and the sea is still warm.We must meet for a drink on your return.Where do you normally stay?
November 21, 2007 04:45PM
Hi Debbie

We have rented a house for three years, in Mola Kaliva on the other side of the peninsula. Please keep an eye on your dog and the stray, the poisoning situation is quite bad and it was the only thing I hated about my stay this year.

We rented before for three years in Mola Kaliva, but at another house. We then had six years of just holidays, and returned this year for another three year stint.

It got very lonely at Mola Kaliva come end October, so we think next year we will leave beginning of October. My dog also got attacked out of season by another dog which had been let off its lead by its owner, who assumed nobody was around anymore ! Luckily because I put myself inbetween the dogs and shouted like mad at the other dog, nothing serious happened this time.

We are oldies, just to warn you ! 54 husband, and 51 me. So if you want to meet oldies for a drink, then great we must do so. We should arrive by mid April. The Sweet Coffee shop in Kriopigi owned by our friends is a lovely place to meet. Let me know, but if we are too old, never mind !!! Young at heart though.

Cheers
November 21, 2007 05:16PM
I ill monitor my dog closely more difficult with the other one as it comes and goes as it wishes and is a big dog too big for my apartment.I will be returning to UK January 14th for a month or so.I would like to meet you both when you return for coffee Iam 52 so our ages are very near!
November 21, 2007 09:22PM
Great Debbie, be nice to meet you. If you send me a private email nearer end March I can give you our Greek telephone number and Greek mobile.

Have a great time til you leave in January and we will see you next year.

Bye for now
Jane

p.s. what type of dog do you have, is she/he friendly? Be nice for our dogs to meet up too as I have to be so careful when my dog wants to play with strays.
November 22, 2007 12:03PM
She is friendly a honey colour small looks a bit like a Maltese so I have been told.Her name is Melee Bye for now Debbie
November 22, 2007 12:08PM
morning deb i told you you would meet some new people on here,jane sounds very nice,im suprised we havent met her before.anyway how you doing today. thanks for the nice long phone call . speak soon .love mal .
November 22, 2007 12:14PM
hello pedro how are you . you not cutting snow in austria.lucky you .have you spoken george did he go to australia? hope your well have good winter.cc
November 22, 2007 12:25PM
Hi Marilyn it was great to talk to you, anytime you fancy achat text me and I will call your landline free on Voip .All poli cala! Melee moo is definetly in season looked it all up on internet today, when it goes clear from red is ovulation time so I am abit nervous as dogs can come from miles around!Melee will be having operation asap.Weather fine Ihave been for walkies as usual.Dont forget if you get bored you can come over and stay with me,Love Debbie
November 22, 2007 02:18PM
Hi Debbie, your dog sounds just right as a playmate for my labrador girl. She is a small labrador, very very friendly and absolutely adores the sea.

We will definitely come over to see you, and perhaps you might like to come over and see us. Would have to access our landlords reaction to a visiting doggie ! But as he stated no dogs, then we asked to rent and had a labrador, he might be OK for a visit ! In any case, we are right on the beach, so we can always let them play down there.

Bye for now
Jane
November 22, 2007 02:42PM
this is good deb, im not really good at this but i should be by the time i get back,hope you will be ok with mele,your going to get more dogs outside but she will be fine with you.spoke to kelly last night there running a pub for winter,and steves comeing here next week.me and jon are just putting the christmas tree up,just haveing a break,i would much prefer to be in my house there,never mind love marilyn xxxx
November 22, 2007 06:10PM
Marilyn who is Kelly,is that the Kareoke couple? Where is the pub they are running?Do you think I will get out of my apartment in one piece.This afternoon I had an Alsation and Marthas beagle that joined us maybe i should become proffesional dog walker.Have you heard from Helen ?Also let me know what goodies you have lined up for gift shop love Debbiexxx
November 23, 2007 02:35PM

Hi Debbie

be very careful when out with your dog. We were walking through a wooded area with ours, when a shepherd came along with a pack of about 20 dogs following him. They then turned their attention to us and we had to run for it. Our dog was in the van before we were and the dogs surrounded us barking, it was a relief to get away in one peice. This was in the middle of winter so I am guessing they could have been quite nasty.

Also our greek friend whose dog often went for a wander in the woods was shot dead by hunters because he ran after their dogs for a play. Mind you its not a good idea for anyone to be wandering around the woods when the greeks have guns.

If your dog is in season still it may be best to stick close to your place on walks as you say dogs can come for miles once they get the scent and they will all be at your door

have a good winter

Best Wishes Joanne
November 23, 2007 03:38PM
Hi Joanne, thankyou for that info i will be not be going to the woods with Melee and will stick close to home,thankyou Debbie
November 29, 2007 01:22PM
How scary is this - Bulgaria I know but could easy be Greece

BBC NEWS

UK woman dies after dog attack

A British woman has died after being attacked by a pack of wild dogs as she walked her own pet dog in Bulgaria.
The 56-year-old victim was named by the Foreign Office as Margaret Ann Gordon. She was originally from Wallsend on North Tyneside.

Mrs Gordon's calls for help brought local villagers to the scene in Nedyalsko, but she reportedly died before an ambulance arrived.

The victim had lived in Bulgaria with her husband for several years.

"The regional police in Yambol [region] said seven or eight dogs attacked her," a Foreign Office spokesman said of the death in the village, which is in the municipality of Straldja.

"People living close by heard her shouts and screams and came to help," he added.

There were reports a shepherd finally managed to drive the dogs away, but Mrs Gordon died from loss of blood before an ambulance arrived.

It was reported she may have been an asthmatic.

Packs of wild dogs are a common hazard in the country, with many beaches on the Black Sea out of bounds because of the animals. In the capital, Sofia, there are thought to be at least 35,000 street dogs.

December 02, 2007 02:16PM
Debbie, I would really consider spaying your dog if you are living over there long term. I know I wouldnt have considered taking my girl if she wasnt neutered. It takes the hassle out of owning a girl dog, please have a think about it.

December 04, 2007 06:41PM
Hi everyone, Julie phoned me last night to say she is having a fund raising night for the dogs this Saturday starting at 11pm in the Mystique Fourka beach. 15 euro entrance with a drink included also your ticket will be entered in a draw. Live band entertainment and the proceeds for the dogs, sounds good to me, Jane speak for yourself, oldie at 51 !!! Iam 55 and still a spring chicken, just ask my wife Christina,
All the best and Kala Christouyenna everyone.
December 04, 2007 06:45PM
Everyone, see my post as well regarding this charity night.

Buster, you spring chicken you.... do you live over there all year? Whereabouts are you?

Cheers, and Happy Christmas to you too

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login