ZEUS HOTEL AFITOS

ZEUS HOTEL AFITOS

Posted by blankie 
ZEUS HOTEL AFITOS
July 05, 2007 05:39PM
hello all
we fly out on the 19th july to spend a week at the zeus hotel in afitos,has anyone been there?.could you tell me if there is any good places to eat,bars etc.can`t wait
love
blankie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2007 05:01PM by blankie.
Re: zeus hotel, afitos HELP
July 07, 2007 08:18AM
Can't help you with the Zeus hotel as we have not used it yet, some friends stopped there last year and are going back this year and we have booked for the end of August. The village of Afitos has many good tavernas and bars all within a short walk of the hotel.There are 2 tavernas (sorry dont know there names), overlooking the sea which are always busy especially at the weekends when the greeks come down from thessalonika. Christos taverna is very popular, Nicos taverna, Harris taverna and many more that we dont know the names of. We have been going to Afitos since 1991 and only had 1 bad meal and that taverna was only open for a short time. If you want livelier nightlife Kalathea is only a 4 euro taxi ride away where there is many bars and nightclubs.
July 08, 2007 08:27AM
Just found this website for the hotel

www.hotel-in-halkidiki.com/apartments-chalkidiki.html

hope this helps
July 09, 2007 09:11AM
Blankie

You will find the zeus a few minutes walk from the village which is good as it will be a bit quieter as the lovely traditional greek village gets quite busy during the summer. The walk to the beach will take you 5/10 minutes (downhill), to save the legs get the train back up to the village at the end of the tiring day on the beach which will only cost you a euro each. I agree with C and A not a bad taverna in sight, most worth a visit, but you will find that favourite one that you will keep going back to.

Enjoy

Phil
July 12, 2007 03:05PM
Thanks all.i can`t wait now i picked my tickets up today,just another quick question what are the prices like ie;
2 people having a meal
thanks
blankie x
July 14, 2007 06:32AM
It all depends on what you want to eat. Most greek dishes (chicken souvlaki, stifado, sousouzkaki etc) are about 6 euros, if you want fresh fish that goes by the weight of the fish but for example we had 2 starters, 1 fillet steak, 1 large red snapper and a bottle of wine @ 14 euros and the total for the meal was about 50 euros( it was a special occasion) or you can have garlic bread, pizza and drinks for about 16 euros so it depends on what you fancy to eat. Also the crepes and toastys from the shop near the main church are very good and cheap. There are also a few gyros places but we cant comment on them because we have never used them but they seem popular with the greeks, the one near Christos taverna is always full with the local men.Beer starts at about 3 euros for a large Mythos but if you go to the bars on the front the prices are a bit more but the view is stunning.
ZEUS HOTEL AFITOS
July 27, 2007 05:01PM
Hello All
just got back from a beautiful,fantastic holiday,i would highly recommened AFITOS to everyone.The people there were so friendly,i am already looking to book for next year,I would also recommened a reaturant to you its HARIS TAVEREN their food is wonderful you can tell we eat every night there,on the last night they brought me a birthday cake and sang to me,now that was fantastic.I could go on forever about this place.But take my word for it,it was beautiful.Oh just one more thing go to the beach at 3 in the morning (if you no what i mean)
Re: ZEUS HOTEL AFITOS
July 28, 2007 01:25PM
Hi glad you enjoyed Afitos but keep it to your self dont want to spoil it. Me and wife have been to Afitos for the last 14 years and all have been fantastic
August 02, 2007 04:25PM
blankie

I told you so but don't tell everyone keep it a secret sorry about the information about the train it stopped running this year. Glad you enjoyed your holiday i forgot to say the aegean blue is just up the road from the zeus the most beutiful views you have ever seen over the aegean if you give me your e-mail address i will send you pictures.

phil
October 28, 2007 01:58PM
hi phil,

We have recently come back from holiday in afitos. It was amazing, we fell in love with the place and the people smiling smiley
Just about to book for next year..we're going to the Zeus Studios..could you send us some pictures please, it would be greatly appreciated.

my email is missrainedrop@hotmail.com

Lorraine and Gizelle
December 09, 2007 09:32PM
Hello Lorraine and Gizelle

we loved the Zeus Studios,there is only 20 rooms so its quiet,they are really helpful and friendly.you will love it,i didnt really take any pictures,but you can go on their website
www.hotel-in-halkidiki.com
hope this helps
blankie
mihajlo filipovic
May 03, 2011 05:34PM
Hi from Serbia , can you tell us what will be the price for married couple with 2 little kids (3 and 5 years old ) in the end of july for 10 days ? Do you have air-condition and parking space ? Distance from the beach ? We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login