HANIOTI, CALYPSO HOTEL

HANIOTI, CALYPSO HOTEL

Posted by lucia1986 
HANIOTI, CALYPSO HOTEL
June 11, 2007 08:19AM
HELLO, ME AND MY BOYFRIEND ARE STAYING AT THE CALYPSO HOTEL IN HANIOTI FOR 2 WEEKS FROM THE 12TH JULY. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE HOTEL AND THE AREA?
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BEACH IS LIKE, IF THERE IS A NEARBY WATER PARK AND WHAT THE NIGHTLIFE IS?
Re: HANIOTI, CALYPSO HOTEL
June 12, 2007 10:35PM
This was taken from an earlier thread on the subject. Hope its useful

The Calypso Hotel was pretty good ... the rooms are basic but do include a fridge, tv, hairdryer and mini safe, which was more than I was expecting! The en suite bathroom just has a hand held shower, basin and toilet, but it's cleaned regularly and serves its purpose (couldn't get used to throwing toilet paper in the bin though!). We also had a balcony at the back of the hotel which was nice and private and got the sun in the evenings.

There is a restaurant/bar area in the hotel, but we mostly ate and drank elsewhere apart from breakfasts (a selection of meat, cheese, egg, greek yogurt, honey, cornflakes, bread, tea, coffee, orange juice etc) ... it's handy if you're by the pool and just want a greek salad to keep you going though. The pool itself is small, but sheltered and there were always plenty of loungers available.

The staff are really friendly and more than willing to help you out if you've got any questions and you can change your travellers cheques and foreign currency into Euro's at the reception which is quite handy when the Exchange shops close up for the extended Greek lunch hour!

I personally thought Hanioti itself didn't have much to offer ... the beach is narrow and very pebbly, and the entire resort has been built for tourism and it shows. There are plenty or restaurants and bars but many have been geared towards English tourists and my partner and I found the food a bit average.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login