Calypso Hotel in Hanioti

Calypso Hotel in Hanioti

Posted by Mike 
Mike
Calypso Hotel in Hanioti
May 02, 2002 01:10PM
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has stayed at the Calypso Hotel in Hanioti ... the only information I've been able to find is on the following Greek site:

[www.novaturas.lt]

Unfortunately I can't read Greek so it's not much use!! If anyone has any information or knows where I can go to find out more about this hotel I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
Mike.
Andy
Re: Calypso Hotel in Hanioti
May 08, 2002 04:07PM
Hi Mike

When are you staying there??

I am going in mid September, and I haven't been able to find anything about it either?

Andy
Mike
May 08, 2002 04:23PM
I'm going in a coupla weeks time ... haven't found out anything more as yet, but there are some pictures if you go to that link on my previous post!

I'll be sure to come back to the site and give a full review when I return as I've had several requests from people wanting more information.

I'm the official Calypso Hotel guinea pig!

Mike.
Andy
May 14, 2002 02:32PM
Well good luck mate!!

I hope you have the time of your life and it is fantastic!!

Cheers

Andy
kevin murphy
June 03, 2002 06:33PM
l have just spent two weeks at the calypso hotel.
my wife and l found the two* plus rating to be correct.
the family that run the hotel are very friendly and make you feel welcome.
it is close to the centre of town and the beach. any noise from the town did not bother us but a room upstairs will be better to avoid the usual hotel noises.
there are now t.v in the room and the safe box costs 15e for two weeks.
we thought the food was better in the town than what we had on cephalonia last year.
Mike
June 17, 2002 11:11AM
The Calypso Hotel was pretty good ... the rooms are basic but do include a fridge, tv, hairdryer and mini safe, which was more than I was expecting! The en suite bathroom just has a hand held shower, basin and toilet, but it's cleaned regularly and serves its purpose (couldn't get used to throwing toilet paper in the bin though!). We also had a balcony at the back of the hotel which was nice and private and got the sun in the evenings.

There is a restaurant/bar area in the hotel, but we mostly ate and drank elsewhere apart from breakfasts (a selection of meat, cheese, egg, greek yogurt, honey, cornflakes, bread, tea, coffee, orange juice etc) ... it's handy if you're by the pool and just want a greek salad to keep you going though. The pool itself is small, but sheltered and there were always plenty of loungers available.

The staff are really friendly and more than willing to help you out if you've got any questions and you can change your travellers cheques and foreign currency into Euro's at the reception which is quite handy when the Exchange shops close up for the extended Greek lunch hour!

I personally thought Hanioti itself didn't have much to offer ... the beach is narrow and very pebbly, and the entire resort has been built for tourism and it shows. There are plenty or restaurants and bars but many have been geared towards English tourists and my partner and I found the food a bit average.

A much better beach to go to is in Kalithea (a short bus ride from Hanioti that costs about 1.2 Euro) ... there's also a @#$%& little cafe at the South end of the beach which served up some of the best food we had all holiday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login