hanioti

hanioti

Posted by jennifer21 
hanioti
May 15, 2007 11:20AM
Me and my boyfriend are going to hanioti in august (fly out on 9th August) staying in the naias apartments. Anyone else going to hanioti in august? Any info on the naias?

Re: hanioti
May 15, 2007 01:15PM
Hey,

I will be in hanioti in august as im working out there i got 5 weeks time! Come and have a meal at the stones restaurant!

You will have an amazing time!

Sam x
May 15, 2007 01:51PM
were about is the stones restaurant?

Jennifer
May 28, 2007 10:45PM
Stones is near Angel Hotel end of resort. About your accomodation. You'll be right on the beach and 5 mins walk from main square. Naias has lovely grounds and friends who stayed ther enjoyed the apartments.
May 29, 2007 03:56PM
Hello,

I´ll be there too, so leave your boyfriend at home haha
May 29, 2007 07:35PM
Stones restaurant is just near the hotel angelo :-)

hope to see you there,.......3 weeks to go! x
May 30, 2007 08:04AM
Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you a couple of photo's of the Naias taken when we stayed in 2005.
May 30, 2007 12:28PM
Just had family stay at Naias 3 weeks ago whilst they came over to visit us and they loved it. All the staff were helpful and friendly,although watch the guys on the pool bar for throwing ice at you! ! ! ! ! ! ! They're really friendly and a good laugh! It's not easy trying to swim back to the edge with a beer in each hand though. They have a platform on the beach where you can sit in the shade facing Sithonia and on a clear day Mount Athos behind it,if you're lucky like we were you can watch the dolphins swim by,the pool bar staff will point them out to you. The apartments are nice and clean,but the kitchen is small in the fact that it is only 1 cupboard,with 2 rings on, a microwave and a sink,so compact is an understatement,but there is enough to get by for the odd snack and its only a 2 minute walk away from Hanioti town centre where you can some good and very cheap food. Kostas's on the way in from the Naias can be highly recommended for Gyro's,Souvlaki,Pizza and pretty much everything else and the beer is only 1 Euro for a large bottle of Amstel. What more would you need eh? Tropicana in the square is excellent for Klefkito and should definately be given a try,our family have been trying unsuccessfully to cook it back in the UK since they got home.

Have a great time,

You'll love it ! ! ! ! !

Hope This Helps
May 30, 2007 01:45PM
thanks for all your help!!! What is the chance that we will see dolphins? I went with family a few years ago and didnt even know about dolphins swimming by!!! hehe Only 10 weeks to go!!! Yipee!! What are the prices for spirits (vodka) like in the bars in the square?

Jennifer

June 04, 2007 08:24AM
We did a boat trip that claimed you'd see the dolphins, but they were so far out at sea, we needed to use our binoculars to spot them, and even at that they were still far away from where the boat went to. I wouldn't rely on getting close to them.
June 04, 2007 01:55PM

The dolphins dont tend to come too near land in the summer because of all the noise, from bars jet skis etc, so there probably wont be much chance of seeing them, unless you are quite a way out
June 04, 2007 06:12PM
Have stayed at rigas hotel in Afitos 2weeks in june for the last 12years alas rigas has gone private (was with thompson) . Rigas hotel high on cliff 150 foot up view to die for. seen dolphins 5times school or pod of 10 to 15 200 yards out so thay are there.
June 05, 2007 01:44PM
Hi Jennifer,
sorry for delay in getting back to you but had more family over and it has been chaotic. Spirits aren't cheap to drink out with most places charging around 5 euros per shot but are usually a good measure,if you have a good look around you may be able to get them a little cheaper. Best advice is to go to the the local Supermarkets, Masoutis etc on the main road which are very cheap and have a few drinks before you go out.

Hope This Helps
June 05, 2007 03:43PM
Is there any hyper market around Hanioti?
June 05, 2007 04:43PM
Jennifer, spirits are a really good measure though. I reckon at least a triple measure, and all mixers are free with the spirit. So 5 euros is what you will pay for say a triple vodka and tonic. Same all over the peninsula as far as price. Some places give a better measure than others. Try the beerhouse, Zythion, they do good measures. And, a tip, I never take ice, so get more of the spirit in the glass to start with !!

Have a good time
June 06, 2007 03:22PM

There are a couple of supermarkets in Hanioti - but the best one is on the main road (or was until the fire last year). There are two near Amethystos, one in the square, but these are smaller.
June 06, 2007 07:17PM
Hedonist

Masoutis(the red /white one) which was burnt down last year on the main road,was rebuilt within 4 months and has been up and running since we arrived in January. We think it is the best around Hanioti as you can buy almost everything there,it has 2 floors and have just opened the other half of upstairs,where you can even buy snorkelling gear,and have a wide range of Mosquito stuff which you are going to need believe me, so its a really big store. The staff are friendly and helpful and the prices for electrical goods TV etc are around the same price as if you travelled up to Thessaloniki which is great.

Hope This Helps!
June 06, 2007 08:46PM
robby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hedonist
>
> Masoutis(the red /white one) which was burnt down
> last year on the main road,was rebuilt within 4
> months and has been up and running since we
> arrived in January. We think it is the best around
> Hanioti as you can buy almost everything there,it
> has 2 floors and have just opened the other half
> of upstairs,where you can even buy snorkelling
> gear,and have a wide range of Mosquito stuff which
> you are going to need believe me, so its a really
> big store. The staff are friendly and helpful and
> the prices for electrical goods TV etc are around
> the same price as if you travelled up to
> Thessaloniki which is great.
>
> Hope This Helps!

Yes, thank you very much! :-)

June 11, 2007 07:43PM
Hi there Jennifer,

well it looks like you have more positive responses than most other threads. That's because you have chosen a great place to stay.
It is on the beach, has two pools, nice people, nice staff. And only a short walk to the main square. And when I say short walk, you are almost the closest 'hotel' to the square.

I was at the Naias last year and am going back there for 2 weeks in a fortnight's time.

I have never gone back to the same place on holiday but had such a great time last year it was such an easy decision to make.

I hope you have a great time too.

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login