polyichrono mid june 2007

Posted by alnsal 
May 13, 2007 08:53AM
we (me & hubby) are going to hotel odysseas poliychrono mid june for 2 weeks has anyone been/know what to expect? have been to Kefalonia & Zakynthos but never Halkidiki. would love to have any feedback
Re: polyichrono mid june 2007
May 13, 2007 09:26PM
Hi alnsal,

haven't been to halkidiki before either but we fly out on 7th June for 14 nights and are also staying at the Odysseas hotel. My hubby has been before but 15 years ago before it really became a holiday destination. We went to malia,crete last year and if halkidiki is anything like there, it will be fantastic.
When are you out there?? Maybe we can get together for a drink??
Have a great holiday either way!!

Jeanette and Andy.
May 14, 2007 04:51AM
Morning!

We fly out from B'ham on June 14th so when we get there you will know where to go & what to do! We are there for 2 weeks returning on the 28th. I am on countdown now!-sad but true! We enjoy a quiet holiday and got it right for the last 2 years and hope this will be likewise!

Hope to see you there!

Sally & Alan
May 14, 2007 12:56PM
Been to Polichrono for the last 6 years, back again at the end of June. Its a laid back resort with a couple of music bars/pubs but mostly all the nightlife centres around the cafes/restaurants.

Never been out of Polichrono but understand Hanioti is a bit livelier, its only 5 minutes in a cab.

Seems to be more and more east europeans and the prices have dropped in the last couple of years. Beer is EUR 2.50/3.00 a pint, meal for two around EUR 20.

May 14, 2007 01:18PM
Try the restaurant in the Odysseus, it is little used and one of the best in Polichrono.
There are a multitude of good restaurants there. Try the local buses to visit Hanioti, and the market in kassandra, and see the beautiful coastal village of Athitos
May 14, 2007 04:44PM
Thanks for the info!

More importantly-How much for a litre of house white??!!

I now know the beer and food prices now for the wine!!

1 month to go!!

Sally
May 15, 2007 07:56AM
Not sure about the wine prices as I don't drink it!!

More info: two beds and an umbrella on the beach was EUR 8 last year.

Been in most of the restauarants along the seafront, nothing bad to say about any of them. The prices are pretty much the same Try the Tulip which is up one of the side streets next to the Gallini Restaurant.

Re: polichrono mid june 2007
May 15, 2007 05:55PM
Hi-me again!

Am in state of excitement!

Just been viewing photo gallery and I think we might have it right again!!

Super pic of a Greek Salad-I am dribbling!!

Roll on June 14th!!

Still waiting on price of a litre of house white!!!

Its pissing down here so need cheering up!!

Polichrono here we come!!

Sally
May 16, 2007 10:04AM
About 8 / 12 Euro but you do not worry after the second bottle !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login