Help!!!

Help!!!

Posted by Oggy 
Oggy
Help!!!
January 07, 2002 05:58PM
Pls I need help about Mount Athos (Agion Oros)!I have to do a task about tourism in greece and on a virtual map of your country I saw that Mount Athos is not coloured while the other regions are...Sooo,is it considered an equal part of Greece or it has some special statute?Maybe it's a neutral territory or every country which has a monastery there is responsible for some part of it???I'll be grateful for every piece of information,and even more grateful if u can answer me in short time ;-)
Thanks in advance, and greetings from Sofia/Bulgaria!
roy
Re: Help!!!
January 16, 2002 07:57PM
Mount Athos is a restricted area controled by the monestrys.No female's are allowed there and even men can only visit by permission.The area hasn't changed for years
steve
February 10, 2002 10:25PM
have been going to halkidiki for 10 years - the Athos peninsula is a monastic principality. Many monistaries - Greek aurthodox - female are not allowed within its borders - it is said even female donkeys are not allowed. The nearest town that can be visited is ouranopolis where priests can be seen travellling and shopping. You can take a cruise by boat to view the monistries built into the cliffs and moutains.
Steve UK
Oggy
February 13, 2002 09:24PM
Thanx both of u, you helped me a lot! winking smiley))

Take care!
John
March 13, 2002 06:55PM
Try this web site for Mount Athos
www.medialab.ntua.gr/athos
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA