Transfer to Polichrono

Transfer to Polichrono

Posted by saintscouple 
Transfer to Polichrono
March 24, 2007 03:12PM
Hi,

Looking at transfers from airport to Polichrono in July and am guessing its just a matter of grabbing a taxi at the airport and agreeing a price beforehand.
Question is, what price am i looking to pay?

Many Thanks in advance

Trev
Re: Transfer to Polichrono
March 24, 2007 05:38PM
Last year it was 70 Euros to Hanioti ( about £50 ). Should be about that or a little less. Plenty of Taxis at Airport all time of the day.
March 25, 2007 03:56PM
Many thanks for that.
We booked ba flights last year, so now looking for the accommodation, and looks like Royal Kostas in Polichrono which has had some good reviews on here.

Thanks again

Trev
March 25, 2007 04:46PM
Whoops, the wife has just asked how long it will take?
March 25, 2007 06:55PM
Hello,

I am a taxi driver in Thessaloniki and can arrange a pick up for you from the airport as not to wait in the queue. My e-mail is gregmo1@otenet.gr.
As Alan mentioned above price is 70 Euros.

Regards
Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2007 10:26AM by Nikos.
March 26, 2007 10:04AM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your message - thought it had disappeared!?!
We will be finalising our accommodation arrangments in the next couple of days, and when confirmed will email you.
What info do you require on the email. i.e if i give you our flight number would that help in case we get delayed?

Look forward to seeing you in July

Trev, Kim, & Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2007 11:26AM by saintscouple.
March 26, 2007 06:46PM
Hi to all of you,

Your flight number would be helpful as well as arrival time. No problem in case of delay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Greg
March 28, 2007 12:46PM
Trev

Have a look at the Summer Dream Hotel in Polichrono, www.summer-dream.gr.

It has 21 rooms, swimming pool, 5 minutes from the beach and bars, aircon at no extra charge, breakfast included..

Stayed there twice last year, good service, nice friendly people. The selling point for me was that they pick you up from and take you back to the airport at no extra cost.

Ian
March 28, 2007 04:11PM
Many Thanks for the recommendation Ian, but we've already booked The Royal Kostas.
The must for us was a 1 bedroom apartment, seeing as we have my 16yr old son in tow. lol
Summer Dream does look very nice, and i have saved it in my favourites. I will also have a nose when we're out there.
This is our 1st time to Halkidiki, and if we like it, we will more than likely come back next year. Previously we have spent the last 4 years holidaying in Pefkos, Rhodes, and decided it was time for a change lol from one greek resort to another, well we couldn't change that much!
The Greek people are the most friendliest we have ever met, and are looking forward to making many more friends in Polichrono.

May we ask your thoughts on Polichrono and neigbouring resorts? Are there many excursions, and if worth hiring a car, what are the roads like?

Many Thanks again

Trev

P.s I hope they sell Mythos over there.
March 28, 2007 07:05PM
hi saints
sorry im butting in now lol(jeff)

hire a car its better to just do a daily hire if your not sure of the roads they can be mad at times but if you go coast roads not so bad its when your heading for city centres it goes mad lol,

if you see aany REPS FROM COMPANIES around DONT ASK THEM lol

ask the local taverna/ hoteliers they will get you sorted and at CHEAPER RATES.
roads are good condition but some village ones can be bumpy and rough

have a drive through the mountains from polichrono to fourka.....nea skioni and down the penninsula road (great views and scenery)you can do the whole trip in an afternoon.

yamas

jeff
March 29, 2007 08:45AM
But in all you like Jeff, it's appreciated :-)
No disrespect intended, if there any reps reading this, but even they would have to admit what a con it is booking excursions and car hire through them is.
I've never understood why people do that, when they can pop down the road and book direct with locals, saving money and ensuring that the profits go to the local community.
I can remember a couple of years ago in Pefkos, we went to a welcome meeting and the rep was scare mongering people and they said <quote> " Don't book a boat excursion locally, as their boats are rusty, and likely to sink!"
I mean - if we book from a rep they magically import a boat from elsewhere?? lol
We had the last laugh on that one, cause we booked locally and ended up on the same boat as ones that had booked with the rep lol
We also got asked to leave the welcome meeting, as we were laying down cards from the local car hire firm, whom we had made great friends with, oh well :-)

After a couple of days, once i've got acustomed to my surroundings, i'm sure we'll hire a car - looking at your directions and map, it looks a good route to take, so thanks for that - also we want to have a look at other resorts, in the probability we'll come back next year.

We're all paid up now - flights, accommodation, insurance, airport parking, transfers arranged - one last hard graft to maximise the spending money and we're there.

One last question (yeah right!), has anyone experienced an earthquake in Halkidiki? I only say this as we has a tremour in Pefkos last year - everyone in the resort, including the wife experienced it the early hours of the morning - well except for me - seems nothing can disturb my sleep lol
March 30, 2007 08:32AM
Trev

I've been to Polichrono the last 6/7 years, probably about 12 times so you get the impression that I like the place. I've been to Kefalonia, Crete and Kos but Polichrono is the place for me now.

I've stayed at the Royal Kostas a couple of times and they are some of the best I've been to in Greece. When you cross the main road head straight down the road towards the beach, you will see a supermarket on the left hand corner, go down that road and you will find the Summer Dream Hotel about 200/300 yards down on the right.

Booked it last year as it gives you the flexibility to travel any day of the week and they pick you up from the airport. The airport is usually a bit frantic on Thursdays as this is when most charter flights arrive but it sounds like you have booked flights and accommodation separately.

Polichrono is a laid back resort, theres a fair selection of bars up and down the promenade. As you come down the road from the Kostas you will see the Three LIons pub, only ben in once. If you go left when you get to the beach theres the Laska bar which has music, karaoke, Sky Sports etc and at the other end is the Tropical which is a music bar further on from that is the Brits Bar which is part of the Hotel Rodi.

There are a variety of restaurants all along the promenade and also up the side streets. I can recommend the Nefeli as we always seem to have lunch there and its typically Greek no rush type of place. If you go up the side road by the Gallini restaurant you will find the Tulip restaurant which is another place I recommend. Although I haven't got a bad word about any of the places I've eaten at.

The village/town has grown over the few years I've been going so its always good to go back and see whats changed. There a fair amount of building going on. Seems to be more and more East Europeans there and less and less British which is not such a bad thing. The prices of beer, food, beach beds dropped last year as a result not that they were expensive anyway.

I'm there on Monday 25 June for a couple of weeks
April 01, 2007 06:42PM
Many Thanks again Ian,

Seems our sort of place.
We have made note of the restaurants you mentioned, and will use the rule of thumb - eat where you see the locals eating.
We have always tried to stay out of the 'english' pubs abroad, in fact for the last 2 years in Pefkos we stayed in the restaurants all night, eating late, and then play cards with the owners family - they have some strange rules for pontoon lol

I guess we will be arriving, as you're leaving. Just make sure you leave some sunshine for us. lol

Trev
April 02, 2007 11:16AM
Trev

I'll be leaving because theres too much sunshine and the temperature is getting a bit too hot for me. Probably go back again in September.

I'm sure you'll pick up the pace or should I say decrease your pace to the Greek way of doing things.

Have a good one.

Ian
Re: Transfer to Pefkohori
February 14, 2008 09:14AM
Received message from couple who you arranged a taxi for last year from Thessalonika airport. Wondering if you still do this and if so how much.
We are arriving on August 11th this year and returning to UK on 1st September, staying in Pefkohori. Can't wait.
Thanks in advance and am looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Transfer to Pefkohori
February 20, 2008 02:14AM
Hi.I am a taxidriver and i live in afitos halkidiki.
You can book your transfer through my site. www.taxihalkidiki.eu
The price is 70 euros.

vasilis

www.taxihalkidiki.eu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/02/2008 12:04PM by Nikos.
Dee Turner
May 07, 2008 12:01PM
How long is the transfer time?
May 07, 2008 04:24PM
Dee

By coach it anything from 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on the number of drops. The hotel I stay at picks you up from the airport and takes around 1 hour although that was really hammering it!!

Checkd the speed signs on one trip, 70km it said, checked the speedo in the car 120km thats why it took an hour.

Have fun.

Ian
camelia
May 24, 2008 07:35AM
Heloo , i,m going to poichrono in a few days (08.06.2008) anda i will stay at Rodi apartments. How is the hothel? Is there any supermarket? What is the temperature of sea in this days?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login