calypso and hanioti review

Posted by chez 
chez
July 13, 2006 10:26PM
Well i wish we we,re back in halkidiki we only got back today and we are already missing the place. Me and my husband are in our mid twentys and this was our first time to mainland greece and we loved it. The calypso apartments are in a brilliant location, you are 1 min walk from the main square and 5 mins from the beach (some of the rooms you can even see the sea). Even though the calypso is only 1min walk from the square it is not noisy or rowdy. The hotel is very clean and has a nice pool and bar, the people that run it christina and yannis are very friendly and will do anything for you to make your stay more pleasureable. We found quite afew nice restaurants and bars which are located all round the square and little side streets. Our fav place to have a meal was a place called Meoajeias mediterranean(we went there 3 times and we was only there for a week) the food is really nice you have alot of choices and the staff are very friendly, we had plates of fresh fruit and drinks for free after our meal. There is a cocktail bar called sunshine and they do cocktails in fishbowls these you must try, plenty more cocktail bars, wish we were still there oh well theres always next year have a good hol to everyone whos going soon ......................................................
Pasq
Re: hanioti review
July 15, 2006 09:37AM
Hello

I am going to Hanioti next week(3 lads, late twentys) & was wondering how the resort would cater for us,we are looking for somewhere with good bars a couple of clubs but not wanting a crazy one.!Also a nice busy beach would be good too.Any recomdations on things to do or avoid would be helpful.We are staying at the Daphne which is up a hill do you or have you heard of any details on this.?

Any info would be appreciated.
Re: calypso and hanioti review
July 15, 2006 12:10PM
Lots of info on Daphne if you click on "Search" and type in Daphne.
Pasq
July 15, 2006 07:10PM
Thanks for that,do you have any further info on the questions i had.?
chez
July 15, 2006 09:56PM
yes there are afew bars most of them are like cocktail bars quite classy. I think you will all enjoy it. T he beach gets quite busy especially at weekends when all the greeks come down and the beach is long but not very wide. The beach is shingle so it is abit harsh on your feet but once your in the water its ok. The daphne hotel is just of a busy main road up a dirt track once you have crossed the road it will take you about 5mins to get to the main square. Hope ive managed to answer your questions. Have fun i wish we were going back.
August 07, 2006 08:52AM
We are off to Hotel Calypso, in Hanioti on Thursday 10th for 2 weeks, myself and partner, his daughter aged 16 and my daughter in her twenties. From the reviews we have read it seems a great place to be, just not sure if there will be the right entertainment for a very negative 16 year old. Has anyone got any ideas?
August 09, 2006 08:33PM
16 is a difficult age wherever you go. Since you are already booked, then she'll just have to make the most of it. She should be grateful she has the opportunity of having a holiday. Perhaps she'll be fortunate enough to meet people of her own age and interests. Calypso is nice too
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login