Fourka

Fourka

Posted by ma_ac13 
Fourka
May 26, 2006 01:41PM
Hello i am going to Fourka with my girlfriend on 7th August for two weeks, i have booked a surprise holiday away so i hope it goes well.

I would like to know if someone could help me by explaining to me what Fourka is like. Is it a nice place to take a holiday?

Is there enough bars, tavernas, restaurants etc to keep you busy?

Has it got a nice bit where you can have meals at night near the sea?

Will it be busy in August?

Hope you can help.

Many thanks, Michael.
jeff fourkas mad dog man
Re: Fourka
May 28, 2006 04:25AM
hi Michael

Fourka ahhhhhhhhhhh
depends on what you make it .
Theres plenty of Tavernas and and a small shopping centre.

I go to Bella Venetia its in the square behind the cigerrette kiosk and you sit out on a Balcony.......... then theres La Plaza
to the top end of village is Hotel Australia and JIMMY`S BAR you must go lol ........across from there is Yamas Bar owned by my friend Nikos (say hi from jeff to him)
Apart from that a great beach clear blue water and not too deep

get a taxi to Kalathea 10 euros or Hanioti same fare and 2 euros from Hanioti to polychrono

there is a hole in the wall in Fourka or Kalathea or Kassandra

enjoy your hols i really love it out there but then im 57 and love chilled out holidays

try the beach after 3 pm till sundown i find u get tanned quicker cos its tooooo hot before then lol

May 28, 2006 09:42AM
Hi, thanks for your post. I am going in August, will it be quite busy at least? Will there be tourists there? I dont want it too busy or too quiet, just in between really.

Will there be many greeks there on hol? DO a lot of brits go or usually Dutch/Swedish people?

Are the Prices of meals/drinks good?

Does Fourka have a nice holiday feel to it (atmosphere etc)?
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 28, 2006 03:25PM
hi Michael

august and july are busiest time in fourka

a few hundred tourists from UK will be there

its not busy as such like i say Fourka is what YOU make it there is a night club in the square hanioti is very busy day/night but has a great atmosphere

greeks from Seloniki only go to Fourka at weekends
not many Dutch German or swedes will be there they mainly go to Seloniki

7 of us ate/drank and the bill came to about £27 and took us 4 hrs to finish

for that HOLIDAY feel go to Jimmys and Yamas
May 28, 2006 10:09PM
Im really looking forward to my holiday to Fourka, i am just a bit worried it will be really quiet. Hopefully it will have some nice atmosphere!

Let me get one thing straight, is there restaurants and bars on the sea front and also inland in the village itself?
May 29, 2006 10:48AM
anyone?
May 29, 2006 12:49PM
I don't know great detail about Fourka having never stayed there. But we lived in Mola Kaliva up the road a bit for three years and we visited Fourka. There is Fourka by the seaside where there are tavernas, pizza places, shops etc. The ones we visited were around near the square, not actually on the seafront, but I think I saw a sign advertising meals and sea views. Many places to eat and drink.

The old village of Fourka up in the hills is very nice, but only a small old village. Nice to visit and walk to, and there are a couple of tavernas, typical old Greek style, but they are really only open in high season July and August.

From what we saw of Fourka (we visited mainly as there is a good pizza place which we liked once a month, and also a supermarket and a wine store which were good) it was always quite busy in a nice understated sort of way. Not hustle and bustle, but not deathly quiet. The only time it was rather quiet was April, May and early June, and perhaps from mid September onwards.

Don't worry it will be fine. As Jeff says, the holiday will be what you make it and there is the usual things you find in Greece such as shops, places to eat and drink, and an nice beach and clean sea.

Jane
May 29, 2006 01:47PM
thanks for the great info!
jen
May 30, 2006 05:40PM
can anyone tell me wat the weather is like in june ,im going the 5 june 2006.cant wait but a bit worried on the weather it says thunderstorms
May 30, 2006 06:13PM
Don't worry Jen, June is usually a lovely month. There can be thunderstorms all through the season, but generally they are very loud and very short storms, and mostly overnight. Everywhere dries up so quickly afterwards there is no problem. All that heat has to cause some storms !

I go 15 June too, and the weather has been getting hotter each day. Don't worry and have a great time, it will be fine I am sure.

Jane
jeff fourkas mad dog man
May 31, 2006 06:41AM
Hi jane

thnks for looking after Michael lol

sorry was away looking after my dad whos in hospital having had a hip replacement and has not been to well .
but alls looking ok now .

storms only last a short while then u can see everywhere dry up as you walk along

and sometimes these storms can freshen the air up.
i have sat on beach during storms in my shorts and watched the fantastic lightening shows
in the distance ..............if u scan the sea you may even see dolphins playing lol

JEFF
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login