Just got back from Kriopigi

Just got back from Kriopigi

Posted by Lou 
Dom
Re: Just got back from Kriopigi
August 13, 2006 05:00PM
Hi! Me and my lass Vicky are due to arrive on the 24th Aug after reading all these posts we cant wait and it couldnt come soon enough. Were staying at the Alkyon Apartments from the posts it sounds like we got a good deal as it's gonna be our first time there. Look forward to meeting Tony and Debs. See you then
Dom
August 13, 2006 05:00PM
Hi! Me and my lass Vicky are due to arrive on the 24th Aug after reading all these posts we cant wait and it couldnt come soon enough. Were staying at the Alkyon Apartments from the posts it sounds like we got a good deal as it's gonna be our first time there. Look forward to meeting Tony and Debs. See you then. Dom & Vicky
Debbie GOOGLERS Internet bar
August 13, 2006 05:47PM
Hiya ! sure your going to have a great holl its a wonderful village with nearly everything you can wish for, near enough to Kalithea for clubs or shopping while Hanioti is a short drive away! look forward see you Debbie and Tony Casablanca
sandra
August 19, 2006 10:39PM
just wanna say a hugh thanks to tony jamie and debbie from the casablanca for make our stay in kriopigi wonderful they entertained us every evenin they r wonderfull people so easygoin and so willin to enertain u all better than goin to some of the clubs.... from the nutty lady who wrot a poem bout ur cocktails.... also to let u no we got back ok and thanks so much for ur concerns about us flyin back on the 10/8/06....this bar is a must for u all to visit they will have u all in stitches
debbie googlers
August 20, 2006 08:24PM
Hiya glad you got back ok and didnt have too many hours wait ,please keep in touch it has been great knowing you both ,having people like you keep us goin ,came as strangers and went as friends Tony Jamie misses alllllllllll the fun... the poem has gone international ...and people are emptying the bar ! come back soon xxx love from us all at the Casablanca....
sandra
thanks debbie
August 20, 2006 09:41PM
thankyou debbie like to think we are all friends n dont worry i`ll be back gonna bring the kids over next time as well...... this is 1 friend u wont get rid of that easierly xxxxxx
Dom
August 22, 2006 04:09PM
Hi! Heard the news this morning about the fires, Is everybody okay??
Adam
August 22, 2006 09:31PM
Hey everyone,

My partner and I stayed at the Paradise Hotel in Kriopigi in June 2004 and it was wonderful. Have read that a few travel operators aren't dealing with them anymore - is everything ok? Wanted to go back there soon.

Also what's this about the fires? has it affected this area??

Adam
x
August 23, 2006 07:46PM
Adam the fires have not reached Kriopigi thanffully,such a shame about the other beautiful areas though.The paradise is not the only hotel not dealing with British tour operators this year,many hotels in Kriopigi aren't working with Brit operators & there are a lot of Slovakian,Bulgarian & Greeks using the village.I think the Alkion & Skentos are still open with brit operators but i'd suggest just getting a flight & a room when you get there if you really want to stay in Kriopigi!

smiling smiley
Yvette
August 25, 2006 05:30PM
Where going to Kropigi next thursday. Have been trying to find out if it has been hit by the fires, but its impossible to get thro' to the travel agent ! Also Ive read some stories about the wasp problem over there, is that right? Only I have a real phobia about wasps so Im a little nervous now, We're so looking forward to going I really dont want anything to spoil it , Can anyone put my mind at ease ????
Anthony
September 01, 2006 11:02AM
Hi there

Lots iof interesting onfo on here.
I have just booked to go to the kriopigi hotel for a week - going in 7 days!! Really looking forward to it.
Will I be in for good weather tho at this time of yr? Also, my parents are in Hanioti at the same time, for my dads 60th - I am going to suprise them, as they dont know I am going - how far is Hanioti from Kriopigi?

I will be looking to hire a car along with a small boat )if that is possibe, so an reccomendations along with places to go and see would be great. As well as doing the parent thing, I will be up for the bars! (29 yrs old - and thirsty!) Will there be scope for all this?

Many Thanks
Ant

September 01, 2006 11:27AM
Ant
Not sure about renting a boat but car hire is easy peasy,go to the Akropolis restaurant in Kriopigi & see Sakis!Hanioti not far at all,take you maybe 15 mins to drive there!Kriopigi is a lot quieter than Hanioti ,more bars there but in Kriopigi there are 5 bars to choose from,my fave is Casablanca(hi Ant & Debs) but if you want loud clubbier places the Kalithea is fab & it's only the next resort up from Kriopigi,cost you about 5 euros in a cab!(computer being silly,i didn't mean to post half a message before lol!!!!!

smiling smiley
Dom
September 08, 2006 07:24AM
Just got back yesterday had a great time, sorry we never got to say bye Debs and Tony thanks for helping us out looking for stuff and the info. I met and made a good few friends. I had a great holiday the people are great there. See you next year for sure.
shelli
September 17, 2006 09:32AM
hi me and my boyfriend are going to hanioti on thursday, just wondering if anyone can tell me what its like, i dont know anyone that has been. wondering about the place itself, nightlife and the prices of things. any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance smiling smiley
Dom
September 27, 2006 04:33PM
Hi never went to Hanioti but it's livlier than Kriopigi Im sure you'll have a great time, although the surrounding areas were slightly affected by the fires the main place is okay minus the supermarket. If you go to Kriopigi go to the crepe cafe its great and go to see Tony and Debs at Casablanca and tell them I say hello. If anyone is going to the Alkion could you please tell Yanis the manager and Dimitri that I say hello and send them my regards. I miss the place already. Dominic
September 27, 2006 07:52PM
I'll say hi for youto Ant & Debs Dom,i'm flying out in the morning!

smiling smiley
Claire, Bradford
January 08, 2008 08:09PM
I am thinking of booking a 2 week holiday to Alkion Aparthotel in Kriopigi with hubby and two kids aged 14 and 5 - will be enjoy or will we be bored as it doesn't seen to have alot going on at night in the town ?
January 09, 2008 06:30PM
Alkion Aparthotel is a very nice hotel, nice pool and gardens. It is quite a walk down to the beach in Kriopigi but there is a small train that goes down. When are you going. In July and August it will be very busy and there should be lots going on. There are tavernas, Gluko Cafe which is our friends cafe and is very nice and friendly, and does some really nice food, coffees, wine, teas etc. Also Casablanca which is a nice bar with friendly owners and who do some English type snacks when you fancy a change from Greek food. There is Anthoulas taverna in the old square which is a lovely place and they do some really different dishes you will not find anywhere else.

It is a village set on the main road, so it can be noisy in the bars etc but nothing awful. We really like Kriopigi although we now live on the other side of the peninsula. We do visit a lot though to see our friends at Gluko Cafe and Casablanca. We have stayed in the past at the Alkion and I think you will be happy there.

It really depends on what you want. Kriopigi although a tourist village is more laid back than say, Hanioti, which is full on touristy but also has some nice places. Hanioti is nearer the beach though.

If you are happy with a pool, nice places to eat and drink and a good hotel, then you will be fine. There are nightclubs at Kallithea not too far away.

Hope this helps a bit.
Erica
January 14, 2008 05:58PM
Hi Debbie,
I hope I have the right Debbie,i.e. Casablanca bar.If so hope you and Tony are o.k. Roger and I will be over on the 18th April. Please e-mail back if I have found the right Debbie.

Erica & Roger
Kezzybabes
January 14, 2008 08:58PM
Erica
Yes that's the right Debbie,may be a while to get back to you as i've not heard much from them,not sure if they're still in Wales,on hols or back in Greece yet but i'm sure you'll hear soon x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login