Just got back from Kriopigi

Just got back from Kriopigi

Posted by Lou 
Re: Just got back from Kriopigi
June 06, 2006 01:40PM
I agree with everything Jane said reg the resort & also that Hanioti is a busier alternative although Kriopigi does have music bars(not clubs) that play up to date stuff & stay open til the early hours if however you want more "clubby" places then jump in a taxi & ask for Bubbles in Kalithea,that's my fave place but there are several other clubs & late night bars along the same strip that i have on occasion been known to fall out of at past 6a.m!!!,also the main part of Kalithea is well worth a visit.

smiling smiley
June 06, 2006 01:42PM
1 week to go!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOW excited am i?!?xxx

smiling smiley
terry
June 06, 2006 02:27PM
Hi stuart, my wife and i are in the same boat as you,booked with airtours for the Paradise and now moved to ilios studios. They are in the Olympic holidays brochure but not a great deal of info. they are studios and apartments with a swimming pool on site. I think they may be somewhere near the paradise as the description says they are on the beach road but i cannot be definite about that. there are a couple of reviews on holidays uncovered site which are relatively favourable but i cannot find any pictures other than the one of the apartment block which is on the olympic holidays site. If you find out more would you let me know, cheers. we were booked for 24/8/06. good luck.
Marky
June 16, 2006 11:12AM
hi all, my wife and I just booked to go to the Aegean aparthotel in kriopigi on 6th July, anyone heard of it? if so whats it like? After reading all these messages we now really excited, we booked on teletext and didnt really know what to expect. does anyone how much are the taxi's to kalithea and hanioti and how long do they take?, we dont like clubbing everynight but gotta go a couple times
joe
June 16, 2006 01:49PM
hi

my girlfriend and i are thinking of going to the Alkion apts in kriopigi in July, however we have read a few reviews about the alkion apts and problems with wasps. Just wondering if this is true?

Thanks
Sami
June 18, 2006 10:41AM
i got back 3 days ago after an amazing 2 weeks. my boyfriend and i stayed at the alkion and it was ace - i loved it!!!! if any one has any questions feel free to ask! x
Mary
June 19, 2006 07:40PM
Are the wasps bad at the moment?
sharon
June 24, 2006 11:08PM
hello.
i stayed at the alkion last august with my hubby and 3 kids.
It was perfect. The 3 'Yanis' own and run the place to perfection. They organise various theme nights throughout the week, such as, traditional greek night, which had a bbq and greek dancers, disco night, with the very popular dancing on the bar!
You dont say how old your kids are, mine were 8,10 and 12 at the time, and to be honest they were so busy making friends with all the other kids, we hardly saw them at all!
The apartments are fab. the pool and bar area is lovely, and for a euro each you could hop on the tractor-train that takes you down to the beach and also brings you back up ( strongly recommended as its a killer of a hill)
There were plenty of busy restaraunts, pubs etc along the main road, but if you prefer something quieter with better food cross over the main road at the traffic lights and head up behind the little church to the courtyard. 2 fantastic places to eat. very traditional. On the main road is the best pancake house in the world. Take the kids there.
We hired a car and found the most romantic place to eat. It was in the neighbouring town - Afitos. Its right on the beach.
Try the water park at Thessolonika, we had a great day out. Also, go on the pirate ship adventure.
Anyway, i hope this helps you. we are booking to go again next year, we loved it so much.
Val
June 26, 2006 09:43AM
Hi Sharon, Sami and Jane,

Thanks for the excellant report. We are going to the Alkion on 31st July for 2 weeks - can't wait. Our kids are daughter 10 and son 18 (this is sure to be his last time with us unless he has a brill time). If you have any more reccomendations for places to visit that would be great. We have hired a car for the fortnight. Is there any particular rooms (2) we should ask for ? Thank you for your help
vm
June 27, 2006 11:10AM
val, your son of 18 might like to go karting in the outskirts of kallithea as you drive towards kriopigi
David and Fay
June 27, 2006 06:24PM
Hi All,

Can anyone please let me know about the money issue in Kriopigi, i.e. what would be best to do. We were planning on taking a few Euros and using an ATM but saw on an earlier reply that there is none. Has this changed since 2003? Is it also still the case of the bank charging 7 euros for every transaction?

Also we are staying at the Ilios Studios (last minute deal) and can not find too much info on the place. I am sure it will be fine but a little re-assurance would be very appreciated.

See you soon
June 28, 2006 04:01PM
Still no change....no ATM's in Kriopigi i'm afraid,stick with changing your euros here(exchange rate is the same as over there)

smiling smiley
June 28, 2006 04:11PM
Just got back from Kriopigi yesterday,Thanks a bunch to the usual suspects for a lovely holiday...........anyone need directions around Kassandria(especially the post office)then me & my mate are now experts eh Jay?haha
John & Barbara......enjoy the rest of your holiday,told Cheryl i was gonna auction my gall bladder but she said they need more than £5 !!!!!!!!
Debs,Ant & Jamie(at Casablanca & Googlers),Sakis & the gang(at Akropolis),everyone at the sweet coffee shop,Adonis restaurant,Leigh & staff at the hot gobblin in Hanioti & all the Bubbles boys all deserve a mention & big thanks for feeding & watering me with lovely things!Missing you all already.......see you again soon!xxx

smiling smiley
Mark and Danielle
July 18, 2006 10:38AM
Just got back from kriopigi we stayed in the Aegean hotel, it was nice, clean, friendly and comfortable, but quite basic when it comes to the cooking equipment (if you wanna make more than a boiled egg or some pasta, you can forget it). The area itself is nice it's small but friendly, The Akropolis is where everyone goes for a meal before heading for the sweet coffee shop (which has possibly the best crepes in the world) and then finally onto one of the 4 or 5 bars. We spent most of our time in cheers bar, it was very friendly and its the only place you can get one of Terri's measures.

If you want a bit more nightlife there are clubs and bars in Kallithea (a bit like a mini southend) and bars and some very nice resteraunts in Hanioti. They are both around 7 euros in a cab (though they might try and get a little more out of you) but beware of going over the weekend as it can take 2 - 3 hours queing to get a taxi back.

All in all we had a nice time and we would probably go back there again though for us a week was definately long enough and enough time spent away from our home comforts, however if you worship the sun, sand and sea and like a relatively quiet resort you will probably end up buying a holiday home here.
Val
July 26, 2006 08:56AM
Can anyone give me directions from Thaessaloniki Airport to the Alkion please. We are going on Monday 31st July Yipeeee!!!!!
Nigel, Chriss & Michael
July 27, 2006 01:53PM
Hi to Debbie & Tony at Googlers & Casablanca. It was great to meet you, we've been back at home for a week but would rather still be in Kriopigi! Cheers N, C & M.

Val, its pretty much one straight road from Thessaloniki airport, signposts probably say to Kassandra which is the peninsular that the Alkion in Kriopigi is on. It takes about an hour & as you get into Kriopigi turn left at the 1st set of lights opposite the Casablanca bar. The Alkion is a few minutes down the hill. Good luck
Val
July 28, 2006 07:48AM
Thank you, sounds easy, just the driving on the wrong side of the road to worry about. Kriopigi here we come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Debbie GOOGLERS Internet bar
July 30, 2006 04:18PM
Hi Chriss, Nigel & Michael , We are very happy that you had a great time here in Kriopigi very pleased to have met you all , Hope that your new job goes well and if not you can always come back and help its got very busy and very hot too. missed not seeing you on the balcony , Antony and Jamie from the Casablanca send many regards and wish you well! And if you ever come back this way please call in to say hello.. Debbie xx
cath
August 02, 2006 02:47PM
has anyone got any info about the Kriopigi Beach Hotel, its not in any brochures and im starting to worry we have made the wrong choice

Thanx
August 02, 2006 06:15PM
Kriopigi beach is a nice hotel,i've been inside a few times,got everything you need,nice pool & onsite shop etc,at top of the hill so no hills to the main stretch of bars/restaurants/shops etc & there is the Kriopigi express(little train)that will take you down to the beach & back up again.Are you British?Asking because that might explain why you can't find it in any brochures as this year the hotels have a mix of nationalities staying in them,not so many exclusively brit hotels in Kriopigi this year,a lot of Slovakians,Bulgarians etc!Don't worry though it is a nice hotel.

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login