Just got back from Kriopigi

Posted by Lou 
Lou
June 20, 2003 10:35AM
Just got back from 2 weeks in Kriopigi, stayed at the Hotel Alkion also known as the Alkyon Aparthotel. Weather was gorgeous, hotel was amazing!! If anyone has any questions about Kriopigi or the hotel feel free to email me and ask............supergirluk23@hotmail.com.
dave
Re: Just got back from Kriopigi
June 21, 2003 08:07AM
Hi

I am going to Kriopigi soon staying at the Kassandra Palace, i was woundering what the night life was like, i have also hired a car are the roads easy to drive on.

Dave
Lou
June 22, 2003 12:06PM
Met a few people who were staying there they said it was really nice, the roads aren't too bad to drive on but the other drivers are pretty lethal, especially the taxi drivers, it all adds to the "fun" of the holiday!! Hope you have a good time.
tom green
June 24, 2003 10:09AM
i am going tokriopigi in august 2003 any more info please

all the best tom
sakis
June 24, 2003 03:52PM
Find more infos about Kriopigi at:
[www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk]
click on - REVIEWS Halkidiki Kriopigi
I hope that helps
Have a great holiday in Kriopigi
Sakis
Lou
June 24, 2003 04:03PM
What kind of info do yu want Tom?? Where are you staying?
colin
July 01, 2003 08:42PM
Hi

Going to Kriopigi with the family next month. Wondered the best way of
taking money...travellers cheques or are there any ATMs in the village or close by

Thanks
sakis
July 02, 2003 04:04AM
Dear Colin
Kriopigi is just a small vilage at the first peninsular of Halkidiki.
At the moment there is not a ATMs or a Bank.Travellers cheques can be exchanged at the bank at Kallithea village, 4 Km from Kriopigi, where you
can also find ATMs.
Mind you the bank charges you 7 euro commission
for every cheque,but you can change them as well as cash ,
at the 'KRIOPIGI CARS' rent a car next to the 'AKROPOLIS' restaurant in Kriopigi for much better rate than the Banks
See You then in Kriopigi.
Sakis
piers
Staying at the Aegean Aparthotel
July 02, 2003 10:32AM
Hi,

Staying at the Aegean Aparthotel in Kriopigi and just wondering what people thought of it as we are leaving tomorrow and so far have not received any info from the operator! Any tips and advice would be appreciated. Planning to hire car etc

As long as you found the apartments ok that's the main thing - I need my sleep!

Thanks,

Piers

PS Is there internet access there as I need to check my mail for jobs etc!
Vali
August 17, 2005 04:40PM
Hello,
I need an e-mail adress of Alkion Aparthotel,Kriopigi

Thank you,
ValiLou wrote:
>
> Just got back from 2 weeks in Kriopigi, stayed at the Hotel
> Alkion also known as the Alkyon Aparthotel. Weather was
> gorgeous, hotel was amazing!! If anyone has any questions
> about Kriopigi or the hotel feel free to email me and
> ask............supergirluk23@hotmail.com.
Vali
August 17, 2005 04:40PM
Hello,

Thank you,
ValiLou wrote:
>
Vali
August 17, 2005 04:41PM
Hello,

Thank you,
ValiLou wrote:
>
John and family
August 18, 2005 06:54AM
de ja vue?
Pam
August 20, 2005 10:57AM
hi vali, is the alkion really good as we are going on the 8th September, our first time and really looking forward to it. Any info on things to do and see would be good. Also do you recommend any good places to eat as we love good food and wine. Thanks alot Pam
GOOGLERS INTERNET CAFE
August 20, 2005 06:03PM
HELLO LYN ANDREW &GIRLS , hope you all enjoyed your holidays at the alkion hotel, very pleased to have met you all . sorry you didnt get to know there was an internet cafe before ... in the village but glad to have been a bit of help for you during your last week , anyone needing info or help can contact me on here debbie
vlado
August 20, 2005 08:24PM
Hi Debbie
What is Pighi Hotel like? I am trying to choose between various options in Kassandra for a family vacation in mid-September...
Denise
May 03, 2006 10:33AM
Hiya

We will be staying at the Alkion next week, is the hotel really nice & lovely?

Any info on things to do etc would be helpful

Thank you
May 03, 2006 02:08PM
Hiya Yeah the Alkion is a really nice hotel,friendly staff & good sized pool & pool bar.Can't comment on the rooms as i've never stayed there but have worked in Kriopigi so i've visited it for a drink!Kriopigi....small place(although by the recent news it's getting bigger by the day)but a good choice of restaurants & fast food places & a lovely crepe shop...does sweet & savoury filled crepes,my faves are the Akropolis restaurant & Casablanca bar you'll find something to suit!It's also worth taking a walk up into the old village!Not really that much to do in Kriopigi except eat,drink & sun worship & you can also keep up to date with people at home by visiting Googlers bar,nice bar up on a balcony with an internet area!Your hotel is down the hill to the beach but there's a mini bus & the kriopigi choo choo that will take you down to the beach & right up to the top of the hill in the daytime but you'll need to walk at night so high heels not recommended!There are lots of trips available that your rep can advise you on(petralona caves are good if you're into that sort of thing) or have a look at the boards in Akropolis as you can get any trips cheaper but it depends on what you're into.A trip to Moudania market is worth it,i got some really good summer clothes there last year at ridiculously cheap prices & it's also worth staying in Moudania for lunch if you have time!If Kriopigi is a bit too quiet for you then you're only a short bus or taxi ride away from Kalithea,Polichrono & Hanioti which are all a bit livelier but if you just want a relaxing laid back break then Kriopigi's perfect!

smiling smiley
Jane
May 03, 2006 03:37PM
The Alkion is very nice. We had a huge room, with a lovely large balcony overlooking the sea. The staff and owners are all excellent and friendly and cant do enough to help you. We would have been staying there again in June, but alas their air conditioning is not switched on until July and we know how hot it can be in June.

/The lovely crepe shop is called The Sweet Coffee Shop and is owned by our very good friends Morfy and Sakis, if you call in say hello from Jane and Martyn until 15 June !

All the rest I think Kerry has covered.

You will have no problems at the Alkion, very good choice
Val
May 09, 2006 01:24PM
Jane, is there anything going on at the Alkion in the evening, we are going at the end of July. Our kids are 18 and 10
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login