Albanians in greece..

Posted by Denise 
Denise
Albanians in greece..
December 17, 2005 04:04PM

I've been to Halkidiki several times and met a lot
of albanians.. Really lovely people!
But when I've talked to greeks they only say bad things about albanians,
like that they are thieves and such things..
Why this hatred between these nations??..
once when I talked to a greek he said "they only steels our girls"..

And what is typical for albanians?
I noticed that they were very jealous and possesive.. but maybe the
greeks are the same, I don't know..

Re: Albanians in greece..
December 17, 2005 08:06PM
If you read an earlier thred titled "Greek charm" you'll see lots of peoples views on both Albanians & Greeks.I personally have been out with Albanian guys & Greek guys & honestly can't say that one has been any more posessive than the other,i have Greek & Albanian friends & love them all equally,unfortunately racism is a worldwide problem not just between Greek & Albanian people.

smiling smiley
December 19, 2005 09:20AM
It's not so much about racism but there is a ot of past history between the two countries. Personally my husband does not like the Greeks cause he has been treated badly by a lot of them in the past especially the police over there who actually are very racist towards them, they make me sick the things my husband has told me about.
They just don't like each other despite a lot being friends there is still a lot of hatred between the 2 nations. They work all the hours god send for very little cause the Greek people know how desperate they are and can pay them less. But I know a lot who have done really well for themselves.

Like Kerry said there is a past thread with all these comments on there. Just cause those 2 nations have differences does not mean we should judge either on the others comments.
Cheryl
December 19, 2005 10:50PM
Well, Kerry to be honest you have been out with every nationality in the world!!! To be honest your next career move shoud be international relations!!!!! HA ha ha. See you soon babe
love you really

Cheryl xxx
December 20, 2005 12:54PM
Ooooooh how ruuuuude!!!!!Hahaha love ya too mate,see you soon...........hmmmmm you might have a point,i'm well qualified for the job.Happy crimbo & biiiiiig kiss to Eleanor.xxx

smiling smiley
Debbie
December 21, 2005 05:16PM
Hi Cheryl,john Eleanor wishing you all a very Merry christmas Happy new year too love to mum and dad all the best from Debbie Antony xxxx
jem
January 20, 2006 03:49PM
well ANON I have to disagree with you over the albanians being paid less than greeks I,ve lived in greece for 13 years and now have a business ther i have albanian friends and greek friends and as with any race or culture there are good and bad but I have to say that to the best of my knowledge ( and I'm sure there are exepceptions ) that the albanians along with other foreigners are paid on a par with greeks and treated fairly. I employ 3 albanians 2 greeks 2 russians and 2 swedes and all are treated the same and all work well together 1 of the albanians has worked for me for 4 years now the other 2 for 2 years so I can't be treating them that badly. as for the tales about them being theives etc I know many honest hard working albanian familys but the crime rate went up drasticly in greece when there was a large influx of young albanian men .
One word of warning to young british woman on holiday beware the romantic albania he may love you but it could be because your his passport to british papers - this doesn't mean that true love doesn't exist but as I said earlier there are good and bad in every race - just beware -
January 20, 2006 04:18PM
Oh my god, not this topic again.
Girls, don't listen to one persons opinion about the Albanian men. Ok so there are a some they may try it on and pretend to love you for a passport to England. But if anything like my husband and his friends here, they hate England. It was the only way to be togther and as soon as we can afford it we are out of here.
Believe me, it is not just the Albanian that will try it on so please people stop using them as an excuse for evry other nationality that do the same thing.

The Greek men are just as bad if not worse at trying it on, ok so they don't need a passport but they are womanisers just as much. Not dissing them at all cause I love them and fair play to all that enjoy themselves but it is not just Albanians.

I'm not denying that a lot do very well for themselves. My husband has many friends still in Halkidiki and I know a few of them have there own very successful businesses but I also know a lot of them work like dogs for very little money. My husband worked 7am until 4pm then 6pm until maybe 1am for 30 euros a day. That had to feed him, pay rent, electricity and basically everything so not a lot.
If I had a business I to would treat all fairly but unfortunately a lot of people are not like you and me and take advantage cause they can, but it happens all over the world.
I love Greeks, I love Albanians, I love the people from Serbia I met and Yougoslavia. As in all the threads on this topic, there are good and bad from everywhere, don't judge someone until you know them.
Cheryl
January 22, 2006 10:25PM
Hi Debbie,
Only just read your message. Hope you are all doing ok. Love and kisses to you all xxxxx
emilia
January 31, 2006 07:44PM
my good!!!
what kind of people you are?! The albanians are much , much better and than greek. And the truth is , that greek are just jelaous becouse tourists are more interested in sweet, hundsome and nice albanians :-)
greek
January 31, 2006 08:01PM
albanians are hundsome and interesting??????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ oh my god you emilia you dont have a clue my girl!!!!! why dont you read some history and watch the reallity!!!!!!!
get a man!!!! he will clear your mind...
February 02, 2006 01:52PM
Albanians are handsome and interesting!!! That is reality, not all like everywhere but they are lovely people, I have been to Albanian so you can't get more real than that!!!!
Jane
February 02, 2006 04:35PM
Lets not turn this into a Greeks versus Albanians. In reality there are good and bad in both nations. In general they all get on well enough, some Albanians even own their own businesses and dont need to work for the Greeks. When we lived over there, our landlord employed an Albanian man and his wife to look after the gardens and houses, and they were a lovely couple, very trustworthy and he was gorgeous looking ! So lets keep it friendly, most of the Greeks and Albanians rub along together very nicely and there is no problem at all.
greek
February 02, 2006 04:55PM
ok whatever ANON!!!
February 02, 2006 05:30PM
Now now no need for jealousy Greek!I've got great friends(some of the best ever) of both nationalities & i love & respect them all so i won't pitch them against one another but would just like to put a few points to you Greek..........history is just that..past leave it where it is,if they're so horrible how come it was Albanians that offered me somewhere to live rent free when i had nowhere else to go in my first year over there?How come they cooked,cleaned & did my washing & wouldn't let me lift a finger?How come it WASN'T Albanians that spiked my drink or stole a very sentimental piece of jewellery from me?......that was Greeks on both occasions!!!Like i said,not trying to pitch them off just strengthening the points that Anon & Jane have made in that there are good & bad everywhere & lets be honest....if you've got nothing more constructive to say than "whatever" it might be worth thinking about your argument before you post!!!

smiling smiley
February 03, 2006 10:55AM
hey Kerry,

you know i agree with you totally!
why does this argument have to come up time and time again??? i just don't see why this topic has to be repeated for the hundreth time???
i have friends of both nationalities and get on great with them, also people think if people over there aren't greek then they must be albanian... i have known some people for ages and didn't realise that they weren't greek, sayng that it wouldn't matter to me if they were martian? they are still lovely people. Halkidiki is full of all different nationalities, there are far more nationalities than just greek and albanian!!!

i have also been to albania and i have to say that they are the kindest people i have ever met!
February 03, 2006 11:30AM
And so say all of us Nicola!Hey how you doing by the way?not heard much from you on here lately!How was Albania?Did you go there from Greece or the UK?Soz being nosey,just that i'm considering it as it's a country i'd love to see!

smiling smiley
February 03, 2006 03:27PM
Hey,
Yeah i am fine thanks, just been ill agaion, but never mind!!! i just think i am falling apart!!!

Yeah i went straight from Greece to Albania with Gary, stayed there for 2 months, then came home.

How are you doing anyway??
February 03, 2006 07:03PM
O.k ta.Ill too,must be the season for it,getting frustrated coz i can't book my Halkidiki hols until i know whether i need an op or not & hospital dragging their feet,prices going up for flights all the time,If poss could you send me a private message?Some stuff i wanna ask you but don't want to broadcast it on here!Take care.x

smiling smiley
kerrie
February 03, 2006 07:21PM
Hiya everyone. how come every now and again this subject comes up. it is crazy. there is good and bad in every nationality. i have had a nasty experience myself but i would not pull any nationality down. the unfortunate thing that happened to me does not make me have doubts about any particular nationality.. all i can say is we are who we are.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.