Rubbish and Litter

Rubbish and Litter

Posted by Thommo 
Thommo
Rubbish and Litter
July 28, 2013 06:03PM
Why is there nothing being done regarding the horrendous rubbish piles left on the streets of Pekochori?
Why do the local council, Greek tourist office, hotel, apartment, restaurant, shop owners allow the village to be ruined in this way with no action.
These people continually refer to the fact that tourists no longer visit (specifically German and British), but, do they honestly expect people to visit while the village is in such a mess. The stray/wild dogs and cats feeding on the rubbish strewn streets puts people off you know.
Re: Rubbish and Litter
July 29, 2013 04:23PM
I agree wholeheartedly, we visited in June and the situation past Hanioti was dreadful. They are suffering a lot with cut backs and it seems rubbish is the first one to be cut, which is ridiculous when you think of the high population during the summer months.

I would encourage anyone to write to the local Mayors and the Tourist Boards, but I would request you do not dwell on stray dogs and cats feeding on the litter, because the first thing that will happen is the cheap way of getting rid of them, poison.

I think there are a couple of municipalities in charge of Kassandra, and it certainly seemed as if the other side in Nea Skioni, Mola Kaliva, possidi etc, were a lot cleaner and had more collections.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login