Halkidiki review in Reveal mag!

Posted by Kerry 
December 05, 2005 11:00PM
Just wondered if anyone else had read the Halkidiki report in the travel section of last weeks Reveal magazine?I was dead excited when i saw it but then i read it & can honestly say it's the biggest pile of you know what!!!!!Certainly wouldn't make me want to go there if i hadn't already been,it wasn't negative just very vague & didn't do the area justice,in fact it didn't even mention the best areas but at least my fave bar Bubbles got a teeny tiny mention in the going out section so not all bad i suppose.There moan over!!!x

smiling smiley
Re: Halkidiki review in Reveal mag!
December 06, 2005 07:28AM
Kerry,

Is it possible to have a copy of that magazine?

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2005 12:09PM by Nikos.
nicola
December 06, 2005 10:45AM
yeah there was another one in the Take A break mag, that wasn't too exciting either. it was in it a few months ago. definately didn't do Halkidiki and justice
ANON
Re: Halkidiki review in Reveal mag!Halks is the best!!!
December 06, 2005 01:36PM
Well lets hope that future holiday makers have common sense and look at this website to see just how fabulous Halkidiki really is. We all love it and whats not to love. It is stunningly beautiful, beautiful clear waters, great nightlife if you want it, yummy greek food (and of course the fab Cockney cafe for you non adventuous people), friendly people and tranquility if you desire.
Halkidiki is a wonderful place and deffinately worth a visit.
December 06, 2005 07:25PM
Nicola....yeah i saw that one,Anon as you know i feel the same way about the place as you.Nikos....i have the magazine here,how would you like me to get you a copy of the article?As i said,it wasn't negative just didn't mention a lot of the really good areas,concentrated mostly on Sithonia & mentioned Thessaloniki a lot which isn't even Halkidiki,was very dissapointed with it,could have done much better myself..........blindfolded with my hands tied behind my back!!!!!

smiling smiley
ANON
December 07, 2005 11:41AM
You and me both Kerry, I could write a novel on the place. All of it positive. Maybe we should all send protest letters to the magazine and get them to send us out there to review it. Ok so we don't really need to go back but any excuse and they don't need to know that.
December 07, 2005 02:24PM
No, don't!
Let's keep our paradise as a secret selfishly to ourselves smiling smiley
We don't want it to turn into Ibiza or Mykonos smiling smiley
Nicola
December 07, 2005 02:57PM
yeah you are right Kerry, the reviews aren't actually informative about the are at all. Like you said they are not giving any detail about the villages
December 07, 2005 08:09PM
Yeah i was tempted to write & tell them off Anon but then Nicola isn't the first person to tell say don't do it!!!!Hmmmm we could still get them to send us out there all expences paid & then just errrm "forget" to submit the article!!!!

smiling smiley
December 08, 2005 03:18PM
Well the year before last, when i got back from Greece i got a letter from a travel agents asking if i would like to take part in writing a holiday review. they pay for your trip and you get to write about it!!! i wouldn't mind doind that in Halkidiki! ha
December 08, 2005 07:52PM
Nikos i will try & scan the article & send it to you if that's o.k,i don't know where you're based otherwise i could have posted the whole mag over for a friend to deliver to you!

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login