Sani Beach Resort

Sani Beach Resort

Posted by Sunit 
Claire B
Re: Sani Beach Resort
June 15, 2006 11:13AM
Sani Beach Hotel ----- Me and my boyfriend went with Thomas Cook, weather wasnt too hot but it was comfortable...we experienced thunderstorms and some lightning, which didnt put us off, the worst thing about it was that our room was the furthest away from the resort and that walk killed me every day. The staff are very friendly, although the holiday makers weren't as nice, the pool was freezing cold but as soon as my boyfriend jumped in, everyone followed suit.. The sea was lovely, beaches clean....We went snorkelling which was fantastic - a real highlight, who needs to pay that much money for a lesson when u can explore yourself? We didnt see any wasps, but the ants by the pool became a bit annoying....The trip home was a bit of a nightmare, the bus broke down at least 7 times back to the airport, we all laughed about it at the time though, the poor rep was getting an earful from an unhappy woman. But, to be fair we were all on a motorway with nowhere to stop, so getting off the bus was not an option....Then, back at home we received a letter of apology from Thomas Cook in regards to that incident..

All in all, well worth the money we paid to go to Sani, we enjoyed every second.....even the wind, rain and ants........
Raj
June 20, 2006 05:59PM
Clare, was you definately staying at the Hotel, as you mention a long walk, the hotel only has two annexes all within a close walk. Are you not referring to the Beach Club?
june
June 24, 2006 05:53PM
Hi we are going to Sani beach club with teenagers in July 15-16yrs old any one know what is there for them to do? They would like to do some water sports and fishing.
Sue G
Re; Sani Beach Hotel
June 25, 2006 04:16PM
My husband and i have just returned Thurs 22nd June from staying inthe Sani Beach Hotel for 1 week.. it was our third visit and cannot wait to go back.
Just a few tips..

Mossies are a nightmare loads of repellent required.. and Citronella candles when you sit our on your balcony.. Wasps dont usually come out until July (so they tell me i didnt see any).

If you charge drinks etc to your room beware you cant get charged vat on your bill when you settle up.. !
Mini Bar can be very expensive, there is a supermarket on the marina which you can beer and soft drinks the hotel are ok with you using the fridge in your room to keep them cool.

Hanioti is better to visit than Kalithea (sorry for those of you who dont agree) there is just more at Hanioti.. Italiano has lots of fake designer wear!
Cigarettes are the same price for 200 where ever you buy them, even in the duty free at the airport.
Sani Spa is well worth some self indulgance!
Watersports, Bike Hire, Sunbeds -rule says no towels before 09:00 but you can sit out and stay with your towel until 9.00am! check out www.saniresort.gr lots more to say but not enough space.. any questions ?

Craig Lambert
Re: Re; Sani Beach Hotel
June 26, 2006 11:49AM
I am going to the Porto Sani village at the end of August for my honeymoon, what were the food and drink costs like in Sani, I have been warned that its very expensive is this true?? also Spa treatments are these reasonably priced.....
I cant wait just would like a rough idea on the above so I know how much my soon to be wife is going to spend!!!
Sue G
June 26, 2006 08:26PM
Congratulations

We where half board so we used the dine around, means you can eat with your evening meal ticket at the Hotel, Beach Club or any of the restaurants on the Marina..
Sani Spa Prices.. Facial Treatments start from 25 euros up to 80 euros
Body and facial massages.. start from the same up to 60 euros
Hydrotherapy 20 to 25 euros
Ultimate Experience at the Spa - 2 hours 120 euros, 3 hours 175 euros, 4 hours 230 euros, 5 hours 280 euros..
They have a fitness studio, Indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzis, Hair/ Nail Salon, (dont have the prices for these..) There is a beauty and wellness centre at the sani beach club.. dont have the prices though.
Drinks we didnt think were too expensive.. dont charge drinks to your room though as i said earlier they charged us vat on top when we settled up.
Have a fantastic time..
Sunit
June 27, 2006 07:03AM
The massages in Sani Beach Club is cheaper than the hotel. We did charge things to our room, but I don't remember paying VAT.
Craig Lambert
June 27, 2006 08:40AM
Thanks for the info..
what was your favourite restaurant at Sani ??
and are there any ATM's at Sani for withdrawing cash??
Sunit
June 28, 2006 06:58AM
We only ate at the Beach Club restuarant, but did go the the Brasserie once, which was very nice. There is a ATM at the Marina, or you can exchange money at the reception.
Diane
August 23, 2006 01:12PM
We're going to the Sani Beach Resort on 21st September, does anyone know how the fires reported yesterday in Hanioti will affect us?

I don't know the geography of the area, Our travel agent hasn't had any reports from the travel company.

Thanks
Diane
August 23, 2006 02:31PM

Beautiful area and nowhere near Hanioti
debbie cook
Weather mid to end of October??
October 02, 2006 07:48PM
Hi there, I am taking my 6 year old son to Sani Beach hotel for the half term holiday 21st to 27th October. Does anyone know what temperatures I can expect?? Any info will be great?? Also, does anyone know of any smokeless kiddie friendly cheap places to eat that are nearby, or any suggestions of things to do in the eveing with a 6 year old???
DaveP
August 23, 2008 08:21AM
Hi
I'm due to go to Sani end of October- Whats weather like? More inportantly what is the deal with watersports? Is there an age restriction? what are the hire costs - dinghies and cats? whats the availability of boats?
Thanks all
yvonne
September 26, 2008 10:11AM
thinking of going to sani beach hotel may 2009 plase could anyone tell me if going for 2 weeks would be to long. what is the weather like and get you get out and about on the island.is there plenty for a 11 year old to do thanks
julz
Re: Sani Beach club Resort
January 15, 2011 11:24PM
help me!!!!!! im thinking of going to the sani beach club i have a 4 year old and im worried about the wasps there are so many mixed reviews i dont no what to do??? i hate wasps am i going to spend my whole time running from them??? im going in august would appriciate any feed back
John K
Re: Sani Beach club Resort
January 16, 2011 07:50PM
Stay in if your that worried. I have been to sani many times and never seen a wasp
February 18, 2011 02:50AM
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your forum with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.
Mariazzz
March 09, 2013 03:45AM
Hi,
I Happened to be from Halkidiki that's where I grew up and that's where I spend every summer particular in Sithonia. Unless you really want to stay in a resort (which it will cost a pretty panny) there are many choices. Tthe cheapest choice is an apartment within walking distance from the beach with a kitchen, a balkony and a bbq for 45 to 50 euros a night. The apartments are very clean and you will experience the Greek hospitlity (philoxenia). Halkidiki has thousands of places to stay and hundrends of beautiful beaches. I hope you will get to go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login