Kostas Apartments - Polichrono

Kostas Apartments - Polichrono

Posted by Chris 
doreen taylor
Re: Kostas Apartments - Polichrono
February 02, 2008 11:01PM
my husband and i have just booked a holiday at the royal kostas. could anyone tell me is it very far to walk to restaurants bars etc my husband has arthritus in his ankle so can t walk to far i have just been reading a message about a busy main rd that alarmed me a little. also any info about the area would be useful. we are going there in may. doreen
February 03, 2008 01:42PM
Most of the restaurants are on the sea front which is about a 5 minute walk downhill but there are plenty of other up the sideroads and backstreets. The apartments are behind some buildings on the main road through Polichrono, there are traffic lights on the crossing so you shouldn't have any problems geting across.

Polichrono is a quiet laid back resort which has plenty of restaurants of all types and a music bar at each end of the beach. Can't tell you much about the surrounding as once I'm in Polichrono I tend to stay there as its so peaceful.

Have a good time in May.
Nannatee
March 09, 2008 08:34PM
Hello Iaitch,
A little worried about the "5 minute walk downhill"to some restaurants..Actually.....more worried about the walk back up !!!We are hoping to visit the Kosta apts in september and it is important that the apts.are "on the flat".Would appreciate your comments,thanks.
Would also like to know from past visitors about studio apts..... are their twin beds or just the dreaded sofa beds ? Dont seem to be able to find this info?? This resort does sound like our sort of restful place.We are a mature couple so do appreciate the quieter ,easier pace of life and hope to find it at the Kosta apts. Thanks a lot ..........
March 10, 2008 01:53PM
Hello Nannatee

Polichrono is a quiet, relaxed resort thats why I enjoy going back each year.

The apartments are on flat ground but you have to go downhill to get to any restaurants and the beech, there's nothing around the apartments. Wherever you stay inPolichrono you will have the walk uphill as the only flat area is

I've stayed in two different block at the Kostas, the first one had two single beds, the other had a double bed and a temporary single bed..
nannatee
March 10, 2008 04:10PM
T hanks for your quick reply Iaitch,
Another query has cropped up .After looking at holidays uncovered 2 different people have saidthat there arnt any chairs or a table in the room.so you could only make a sandwich and eat it on the balcony furniture.Sounds odd ...........as you have stayed there before can you tell me if this is right ?? Promise i wont bother you again !!!!
March 11, 2008 07:06AM
Hi There,

We stayed at the Kostas last year.
It is true there are no table or chairs inside, though its lovely to eat out on the balcony. We had an apartment with one double bed, it also had bedside tables, and a dressing table with stool.
The apartments are the biggest we have stayed in in greece - very roomy.
We would occasionally eat a sandwich, sitting on the bed and using the bedside tables.
The aircon is Free!

Don't worry about the walk uphill, it's not that a greater incline, plus there's a bakery half-way up which is always worth a stop-by - they make lovely fresh rolls for lunch.

Feel free to ask anymore questions. smiling smiley
Nannatee
March 12, 2008 09:47PM
Hello,
Thanks so much for your helpful info ,re the Kostas apts.Find it strange that there isnt a table and chairs when sold as self catering!!Not that we would be cooking all day !!,but nice to start the day with a "proper brekkie " were there pots and pans (cutlery etc) more important .....a kettle and teapot .......oh dear we are showing our age arnt we ??
Thanks again for your info. Jean(mid wales )
March 13, 2008 07:03PM
No problem,

There were pans, kettle, plates, cups, glasses and cutlery.... though from memory no teapot.
The table and chairs provided on the balcony are plastic, and with the patio doors i'm sure you could move them inside if you wished smiling smiley

Trev (Southampton)
Nannatee
March 13, 2008 10:11PM
Hi Trev,
Again,thanks for your message ,Hubby also suggested mov ing the "furniture" indoors.! I think we might just give them a try in september.They have got such good write ups and it would be a nice change to escape the hotel time table and regime.
Thanks so much for your comments ,always good to be in touch with someone who has "been there and done that"..........regards.Jean. If you think of anything else which may be useful to us will be glad to hear from you.!!
philippa
May 05, 2008 01:30PM
hi, am staying at the royal kostas apartments this summer and have a 2 bed appatment and was wondering is there a toaster in the apartments and also how big is the bathroom as there will be four of us sharing and dont realy want a tiny bathroom?

was also concerned about the size of the pool, is it realy small?
also what type of restaurants are near by as i am quite a fussy eater.

thanks.
May 07, 2008 04:42PM
Philippa

Stayed at the Kostas a few years ago and don't recall there being a toaster, in fact I've never seen a toaster in any accommodation I've been to in Greece.

Bathrooms in Greece tend to be a sink, toilet and shower, welll thats all we had in the studio/double apartment I stayed in..

Pool is ok in size, I suppose it depends on how many people are using it at the time.

There's a variety of restaurants throughout the town from traditional Greek, to pizza/pasta, fish restaurants and even fast food, you shouldn't go hungry!

Ian
May 15, 2008 09:23AM
Hi

Any one know what the Ammos Studios are like in Plichrono ?

Carole
claire23
June 11, 2008 07:25PM
Hi,
We are going to the kosta's shortly and was just wondering if there are any cash machine's or banks in the area?
June 12, 2008 11:05AM
Claire

There's a cash machine across the road from the Kostas.
Mabs
June 12, 2008 10:02PM
Has anyone stayed in the Studios for 3 - if so are they situated in the new or the old block and are they very spacious. Hoping to go to the Kostas in September.
david ariss
July 16, 2008 11:54AM
Hello,

The Apartments for 3 are very spacious, I stayed there at the end of June / July. the single bed can be a little uncomfortable depending on the age of the person sleeping in it.
Mabs
July 22, 2008 05:24PM
Thanks David, do you know if the studios for 3 are situated in both the old and new blocks?
August 06, 2008 09:33PM
Do not rely on the ATM machines as they have not worked all season for English Cards. Generally a lovely complex though and very clean, walk not too bad to main resort but watch the road!
August 10, 2008 11:55AM
Hello again.....

I was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere to buy gold from in Halkidiki?( Particularly white gold)
we are staying in polichrono and i don't want to travel too far as i'm trying to surprise my hubby and buy new wedding rings as his is broken! I know there is a jewellers in polichrono but does anyone know if they are good value for money or what i can expect to pay in general as i'm going in two weeks so need to get my funds together! lol!

Many thanks

claire
Mick the greek
January 27, 2009 02:23PM
Can someone tell me The Royal Kostas Hotel / Apartments own web site address please
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login