cockney cafe

cockney cafe

Posted by kev 
lee
Re: cockney cafe
December 07, 2005 05:45PM
hello anon,me mum is driving me mad to know who you are,give us aclue???
lee
December 07, 2005 08:31PM
"bingo" swindon
marilyn
December 07, 2005 09:10PM
I cant thank everyone enough for all your wounderfull coments. Also i would like to say big hello to gary also clare swindon allso clare zante,id liked to ear from any customers visiting polhicrono next year,ultimate plans for next year!Big hello to all my freinds in the village & other villages.
Miki
December 08, 2005 09:38AM
hi marilyn....remember me?? we all used to eat there all the time, and sometimes use your washing machine!! hahahaha. anyway, kelly and ali send their love...we keep in contact everyday and ali is doing really well now..thank god!
wont be back to work in halkidiki next year...bit upset, but when i return it will be for an extended holiday!!

had an excellent summer..esp with all your home cooked meals. look after yourself and hopefully we will see you again soon!!

xx
December 08, 2005 03:44PM
Hey Marilyn,

Good to see you on hear. You are totally worthy of all the good comments on here.

What are the big plans for next summer, would love to hear all about it.

Hope you are well, get those sons of yours to cook for you.

Take care XXXXX
STEFANOS
December 13, 2005 10:38PM
HELLO MAL & JOHN,JAY,LITTLE JOHN,AND LEE, and all the rest off the gang,if any one goes to POLYCHRONO dont leave with out going down to the COCKNEY CAFE its the best place to eat the food is just out of this world,the staff there just cant do enough for you,but its not just an eating place call in for a drink and a chat Marilyn & John are two of the best people that i have ever met,hope you get this befor Christmas guys have a good one and i hope to see you in 2006 all my love STEFANOS xxx
STEVE,OLYMPIC REP
December 13, 2005 11:02PM
COKNEY CAFE JUST TO SAY I LOVE YOU GUYS,YOU ARE THE NUMBER ONE BRITISH HOME COOKED FOOD IN HALKIDIKI,ANYONE GOING TO PEFKOHORI,HANIOTI,KRIOPIGI,THEN PAY THEM A VISIT YOU WILL NOT BE WALKING AROUND MUCH BECAUSE YOU WILL BE TOO FULL,TRY A MIX GRILL (IF YOU DARE,ON YOUR OWN HEAD BE IT)OR A FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST,PROPPER FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE,YOU CAN FIND THEM IN POLYCHRONO PAST THE BIG CHURCH ON THE OLD MAIN ROAD, BY THE OLD SMALL CHURCH IN THE SQUARE THEN TAKE THE ROAD DOWN TO THE BEACH APPROX 25 METRES DOWN ON THE RIGHT,ITS WELL WORTH FINDING IT, JUST FOLLOW THE CROWDS,,,,,,,SEE YOU IN 2006 STEVE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
marilyn
December 28, 2005 09:58PM
hello steve thanks for the lovely comments,we all hope you are well, what are you doing next year// hope to see you in halkidiki.or better still maybe in london,i will give you a call soon,wishing you a very happy new year,love marilyn john and all the gangxxxxxxx
??ANON??
December 29, 2005 09:32AM
Marilyn, what are your big plans for next summer??
kerrie
January 10, 2006 11:08AM
Hi Marilyn, Johm and the gang,

Do you remember me, I came to Polichrono with my mum dad sister etc. my mum is the lovely woman with the wheat intollerance. we love your breakfasts amd it was our second year in Poli, we will be back this year and will be returning for your mega brekkies. love to you all
Dennis Goodwin
May 04, 2006 07:29AM
Hi John, Marylyn and the boys.
Dennis here ( Dianne's ex ) I'm coming over to Polychrono very soon. Looking forward to coming in to see you. Hope all is well, see ya soon.

Den xx
Mick
May 07, 2006 12:55PM
Why do you people bother going abroad if all you do is look for english greasy spoons to eat in? You may just as well stay in England & save yourselves a fortune.
Get a life & try some good old greek food!!!
MEL & SCOTT
June 02, 2006 11:30AM

WELL IT MAY HAVE TAKEN ME A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT IM FINALLY HERE.
WENT TO POLICHRONO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MAY FOR 2 WEEKS AND WHAT A HOLIDAY WE HAD. MAINLY DUE TO MARILYN AND JOHN AND THE GANG AT THE COCKNEY CAFE AND ALL THE FRIENDS WE MADE WHILST AWAY. WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE!!!!! THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC HUGE PLATES AND MARILYNS COOKING WAS AMAZING. MY OTHER HALF HATES VEG AND EVEN ATE MARILYNS SPROUTS!!!! NEVER BEEN MADE TO FEEL SO WELCOME AND MANY MANY DRINKS WERE DRUNK IN THE BAR AREA!!!!!!! SCOTT CELEBRATED HIS BIRTHDAY WHILST ON HOLIDAY AND WE HAD A GET TOGETHER IN THE COCKNEY CAFE WITH ALL OUR NEW FOUND FRIENDS AND EVERYONE AT THE COKNEY CAFE. BALLOONS, CAKES, PRESENTS - WHAT A SPECIAL DAY AND WHAT SPECIAL PEOPLE!!!
HOPE TO RETURN VERY SOON TO POLICHRONO TO SEE MARILYN, JOHN AND THE GANG.
SO IF YOUR EVER IN HALKIDIKI BE SURE TO VISIT COCKNEY CAFE!!!!!
P.S MARILYN OR JOHN IF U READ THIS PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME - MISS U BOTH
lee
June 05, 2006 02:38PM
Mick i agree with eating foods of the country you are visitig,thats all part of the parcel 'but untill you have tried me mums food which you probably aint,you wouldant want to try any thing else sunshine & we dont do greasy spoons either
Gary
June 05, 2006 04:00PM
Hi Lee,your quite right mate.I love Greek food,but its nice to have a good fri up on a morning to set you up for the day and cure your hangover !!
John, San & Alysha
June 07, 2006 01:16PM
Wow, Mel you beat me to it! But better late than never I say ;-)

A BIG hello to Cockney Café owners John & Marilyn.

What a wonderful & welcoming couple.

We went to Polichrono for 2 weeks at the beginning of May 2006 and met a great crowd of people, Mel & Scott included, some of whom we are still in touch with. All we can say is -

* John & Marylin go out there way to make you feel welcome

* Marylins' cooking is superb! All homemade, quality meals and the size is unbelievable!

* The brekkies sure set you up for the rest of the day

* Give the Mixed Grill a whirl. You won't be disappointed but finishing the 'humungus' thing is a
task in its self!!!! Many of us tried and failed but hubby ate every last bit - say no more!

* Great place to go and chill at night after a 'hard' days sunbathing session

Like Lee said above, (hi Lee), it definately IS NOT a greasy spoon, and yes Mick, do try out the local dishes, which we did, but they all get a little repetative, and once Marylins cooking has been sampled it's VERY hard to stay away.

So, a massive thank you to you all at the Cockney Café for keeping us all happy. You all work so hard, bless you all. And thanks for loaning the place out to all us Liverpool supporters to watch the F.A Cup Final - certainly was a very NOISY afternoon but hey, WE WON!!

Hope to see you all again. Take good care of yourselves xxxx

KEN BRIGGS
June 19, 2006 07:23AM
HI! ALL
LIKE GOOD ENGLISH FOOD AND GOOD ENGLISH PEOPLE.WELL THIS IS THE EATING HOLE FOR YOU, THE SOUND OF MUSIC IS AS GOOD AS THE FOOD,AND MAKES FOR A GOOD NIGHT OR DAY.

THIS IS A VERY FRIENDLY PLACE ALL ARE MADE WELCOME AND TREATED LIKE ONE BIG FAMILY.

THIS CAFE IS A GREAT ASSET TO POLICHRONO,AND SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST AND LAST STOP.

I VISITED THE CAFE BETWEEN 8TH AND 15TH JUNE 2006..WHEN THE RAIN CAME DOWN.

......................KEN BRIGGS.......................
ken BRIGGS
June 22, 2006 09:06PM
EVERY THING WILL STILL BE OPEN AND THE WEATHER WILL STILL BE HOT,AS I GOT ALL THE RAIN IN JUNE BELIEVE ME ONE NICE PLACE ENJOY THE ENGLISH BREAFAST WITH MARILYN AND JOHN AT THE COCKNEY CAFE

KEN BRIGGS
joyce and john smith
July 19, 2006 07:59PM
hi john and mel, hope you are okay, coming to polichrono to stay at sarikas on july 28th so will see you for breakfast on the 29th. did john have his knees done? john had the other one done, he is looking forward to his breakfast and his belly buster dinners, see you soon,
joyce
joyce and john
August 16, 2006 03:21PM
hi to all at the COCKNEY CAFE had a wonderful holiday again this year in polichrono cant wait for the next one. mel you must reduce the sizes of your meals cause i put too much weight on and i fed up with rolling john up the hill afterwards. really great to see you all again and superb grub, we are wearing the t-shirts and letting everyone know about the cockney cafe in northampton.
see you all soon joyce + john
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.