anybody know a QUIET place?

Posted by Lance Delacroix 
Lance Delacroix
April 14, 2002 08:15AM
Hi folks,

Is there anywhere in Halkidiki or central or eastern Macedonia where it might be possible to find a pretty, QUIET place to spend a week or two? A beach would be nice, or a sailboat marina with charter boats available, but not absolutely necessary.

"Quiet" means no profusion of discos, no plethora of all-night drunken parties, no screaming watercraft... you get the idea. I am not looking for a resort area with "Lots to do". A good restaurant or two, a view of the water, and some hiking trails would be plenty.

Thanks!
Andre Nikodem
Re: anybody know a QUIET place?
April 18, 2002 11:51PM
My wife and I spent a week last year in the Antigoni Beach Hotel on Sithonia/Halkidiki in Agios Nikolaos. It was the most quiet place we've ever been to. No Discos, no parties, no noise... just relaxing. Very nice people in the Hotel.

Hope I could help.
Karen & Andrew
Re: anybody know a QUIET place?
April 21, 2002 04:51PM
Like yourselves we like peace and quite on holiday with the essential good tavernas. We have booked to go to Palouri in Halkidiki in June and have been told there is a half dozen very good fish tavernas and a couple of bars / cafes. It also has a harbour and a lagoon with a little beach, and there is supposed to be some fantastic walks.Sounds like heaven to us.

We booked through Thomson's so get the brochure, check the web site and see whatyou think.

Some info we received:

Re: Paliouri as a resort -
the Port Marina is a hotel a little bit out on its own opposite a natural
harbour/lagoon and then a beautiful beach with pine trees. Just nearby
(couple of minutes by car) is Pefkohori where you can find another beach -
loads of shops, bars, cafes, etc... I think the Port Marina has its own
shuttle into Pefkohori and also there is the public bus and taxis, hire cars
- everything.

Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login